Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

What's Up?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> I Need A Break!!
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:39 pm    Post subject: What's Up? Reply with quote

Hi guys,

It's been awhile since I've seen or heard from any of you. How are your school years going so far? We're doing well here although it still seems strange without the oldest leading the pack. She's at college and doing very well even though she had a bit of a rough start. She came home a few weekends ago and was quite sick with a viral "syndrome". It was pretty bad in that she almost ended up in the hospital but, two weeks later, all is well. The younger two are moving along with academics and this year particularly, flourishing in music. They are part of the local youth chamber group and looking foreward to upcoming orchestral performances. More from me to follow but really, I'd love to hear from you.

Rich
RB

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2007 10:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

General Mayhem, my ten year old fifth grader, is running hot and cold in school this year. His grades are high, but it can be difficult to get him motivated in the morning. Schooling became extremely tough a few days into the school year, and we had to lay down some strict rules to make home schooling work. So far, so good. Major Havoc and Captain Chaos are enjoying their respective preschools. I am very busy this year, as the two youngest are demanding more and more play time with dad. This is a good problem to have.

My wife and I sat down at the kitchen table with a rather large collection of alcohol and had an excellent heart-to-heart talk a month ago. It was a wonderful tune-up to our marriage. We got up the next morning and looked in awe upon the collection of dead soldiers. It was impressive. You'd have thought we threw a party. We never drank that much together before, and it will be a long time before we do it again, but we needed it. It was fun and emotionallly healthy. My liver might disagree.

Life is good.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> I Need A Break!! All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: