Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Public School says to not tell your parents
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bartii

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2007 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rich,

when I was in the hospital this last time I was having chest pains and sweating. This had been going on for about a month or so. After all the tests I went through they couldn't find anything wrong accept for inflammation in the common bile duct. They found this inflammation during an ultra sound. However, when they did a C.A.T. scan it was back to normal size. Possibly a stone had moved through, but they couldn't say so because there were no other stones and no clear evidence accept for the inflammation.

At this time my doctor said that we are just going to sit and wait. There is not much more to do accept for really expensive tests, and he doesn't believe that doesn't need to be done.

I do have an appointment with my endocrinologist on the fourteenth. They are going to check my levels. I don't have a thyroid. That is another story.

Thank you for your support, prayers, and encouragement.

Bart
Rich

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 1:57 pm    Post subject: PM? Reply with quote

Hey Bart,

I was wondering if you got the PM I sent last week. You usually reply and didn't this time so I was wondering... In the past I've had trouble with PMs not leaving my outbox and yours is still hanging around there for some reason. Anyway, hope all is well.

Rich
HippieMike

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:38 am    Post subject: Re: Public School says to not tell your parents Reply with quote

Rich wrote:
Hey Barti,

What do you think the school officials would do if any of those kids voiced an opinion on the subject? I doubt that anyone would because most kids that old have a "whatever" attitude, especially nowdays when sexuality of any and all forms is so present in society. I think I would've shown up wearing a WWJD teeshirt. Can you imagine the firestorm...
Amen Brother

Yet another great reason to homeschool. The idea that school officials have complete control over what is taught and the parents not being able to intervene is wrong. Boy, you got that right!!!

Rich
bartii

PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anymore if you wear a religious shirt to a public school they will give you a sweater to put over it or they will send you home. It is the separation of church and state thing. Whatever. Also, we don't want to offend anybody. Not like there are other shirts that kids where are aren't offensive.
Rich

PostPosted: Wed Aug 22, 2007 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bartii wrote:
Anymore if you wear a religious shirt to a public school they will give you a sweater to put over it or they will send you home. It is the separation of church and state thing. Whatever. Also, we don't want to offend anybody. Not like there are other shirts that kids where are aren't offensive.

My oldest has a friend who a few years back, wore a controversial tee shirt to school. The kid was a teenager; definitely old enough to know the stir it was going to cause. Admin was unwavering about the inappropriate nature of the message on the shirt and insisted that he change. The kid did not therefore was sent home. That week the local newspaper carried the story complete with photo and there in the middle of the picture was the smiling young man wearing his inappropriate tee shirt. On the front was the phrase "He did it for us" and on the back was a cross. I don't think too many kids that age would make such a stand for religious reasons. This kid was pretty gutsy.

Rich
basilosaurus

PostPosted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 5:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barti,

World net daily? Are you serious? How can you ever expect to be treated as anything more than a tool if you read such rubbish?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> General Discussions All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: