Home School Dads

Line

Spacespace
Message Boards
Stripes

space
Home School Dads
A Website for Fathers who Home School

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Air Force Museum - Dayton, OH

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Co-Ed Field Trips
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:16 am    Post subject: Air Force Museum - Dayton, OH Reply with quote

If you're in the Dayton, OH, area for one reason or another, you might find it worthwhile to stop by the National Museum of the United States Air Force. Though their collection is limited to craft that have flowen with or against the USAF, the collection is extensive and well presented. My high velocity child enjoys running between the outdoor displays. My daughter is facinated by nuclear devices. My youngest oggles everything. Recent expansion has made the museum a two to three day project, so if your family has a favorite time period, skip ahead to the appropriate area. For more information, try

http://www.wpafb.af.mil/museum/

In our family, it's lead to work in everything from aerodynamics to history to politics.

Paul
BigDaddy
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the tip Paul. We'll be doing alot of those type stops as we travel around in the RV. Along with the Cedar Point, Six Flags, and the Paramount theme parks up there in Ohio! Very Happy We love roller coasters! We went up there a few years ago just to ride the Millenium Force at Cedar Point. What a blast Shocked

By the way, when you get the chance how about signing up as a member of this forum. Wink
Paul

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IMNSHO, the best of the three parks is definitely Cedar Point. Six Flags has been bought by the company that ouns Cedar Point and it's name returned to Geagua Lake. It looks to be in a period of transition and reinvestment.

I'll probably be registering in a bit. I'm waiting on most web activities until I finish assembling and testing a new workstation that can run Firefox. If it's security settings pass muster, I'll probably register on a number of sites. Currently, I'm running Mozilla and to achieve sufficient web security, I run settings that make many web functions inconvient to impossible.

Paul - I'm not paranoid. They _are_ out to get me. ;-)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Home School Dads Forum Index -> Co-Ed Field Trips All times are GMT - 4 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: