FREE Museum Day Event
Visit a Local Smithsonian Cultural Science History or Art Center
© Janienne Jennrich -- Aug 10, 2007
Learn how you and a guest can go to a museum in your area FOR FREE! Print a pass for Smithsonian Museum Day admission good for September 29, 2007~ Educational, fun event!
What a great free idea for families, kids, homeschoolers, educators or just about anyone frugal or interested in gaining knowledge or visiting a new place! Or maybe even a cheap date? Here is a great FREE deal!
Saturday, September 29, 2007, treat yourself and a guest to a free museum visit! Museum Day is a nationwide event where participating museums and cultural institutions all across the USA are offering free admission to Smithsonian readers and Smithsonian.com website visitors.
According to the site : "Museum Day celebrates the country's cultural offerings, allows the dissemination of knowledge and brings Americans together."
It is easy to search for a participating museum on the Smithsonian website. Then, after a museum is chosen, you simply fill out a short form and then print out your day pass, good for you and a guest. Participants can also present the Museum Day Admission Card available in the September 2007 issue of Smithsonian Magazine. The Museum Day Admission Card is valid for FREE GENERAL ADMISSION for you plus one guest and is limited to one per household.
According to Smithsonian.com:
The following Museum Day restrictions apply:
- One time use on Saturday, September 29, 2007. Card must be presented for free general admission.
- Admission Card will be collected upon entry.
- General admission only. Does not include entry to special exhibits or IMAX screenings.
- Admission Card is good for general admission for you plus one guest.
- One Admission Card per household.
- Not for use with any other offer.
- No rain checks.
- Some participating museums may already have a free admission policy year round and are participating in the "spirit" of the day.
Museums and cultural institutions participating in Museum Day are doing so voluntarily and Smithsonian Magazine is not responsible for individual institution participation or for individual institution content.
*For questions regarding Museum Day please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Note: Due to the high interest level in this program, it may take up to a week to get a response to email questions.
Some of the great museums you could visit with this offer include:
- The World Forestry Center in Portland, OR
- Exploratorium in San Francisco, CA
- Railway Museum of San Angelo in San Angelo, TX
- Minneapolis Institute of Arts in Minneapolis, MN
- Children's Museum of Manhattan in New York, NY
- The Pier Aquarium in St. Petersburg, FL
- Louisville Slugger Museum & Factory in Louisville, KY
- Hastings Museum of Natural and Cultural History in Hastings, NE
- National Buffalo Museum in Jamestown, ND
- Valdez Museum & Historical Archive in Valdez, AK
Have a wonderful time and remember to bring a friend!
If you have an article you would like to submit to Homeschool Dads, please send it to